As the influx of animals has been dramatically increasing over the last three years, LSV needs to organize the animal refuge differently, to keep the refuge safe for both animals and humans. This means improving and building new enclosures or cages. It is important to note when constructing new enclosures, they must be large enough for the animal to live in comfortably, easy access to water, a manageable cleaning plan and only quality materials are used, to lengthen the longevity of the enclosure.
Special Projects Include:
!!!MOST URGENTLY NEEDED: Swivel Eye Bolt Snaps. Sizes 3,5 y 4″ for harnessing new monkeys found in Home Depo type stores.
!!!MOST URGENTLY NEEDED: Dog Tie Out Cables use for making monkey runners, 60 to 30 feet in length.
!URGENTLY NEEDED Stainless Steel Feeding Bowls for all animals in sizes sml, med, lrg.
!URGENTLY NEEDED Removable Cage Crocks
!URGENTLY NEEDED Dog kennel used for Monkey housing
- Medium sized Plastic Tupperware containers for transporting animal’s food
- Natural non-acrylic rope for making monkey enrichment and games
- Sterile gloves for the vets in the clinic (size sml, med, lrg)
- Sutures and needle (fine)
- Syringes in small sizes
- Baby feeding tubes to be used as catheters
- Hand sanitizer
- 3m Scotch Cast
- Vitamins and minerals for Birds, Reptiles and mamals
- Liquid Band-Aid (as not available in Bolivia)
- Sponges for cleaning animal bowls in the prep room
- Bird enrichment: swings, mirrors, bells
- Cuttle fish or salt lick for birds to scratch their beak on
- Plastic chopping boards for spreading out Turtle Food
- Drills, hammers, screw drivers, pliers for fixing enclosures
- Electric drill
- Nails of all sizes
- Hand saws
- New born baby bottles for feeding baby monkeys
- Bottle brush for cleaning
- New born baby diapers (premature baby size)
- Small metal feeding bowls for baby monkeys and small species
- Plastic drain tubing for creating enrichment and play devices
- Hand towels, to create easily cleaned bedding for animals in clinic
- Dog brushes for grooming
- Dog clippers
- Chew Bones all sizes for dogs. XXXL for Bears
- Spray bottles & watering can, to give birds a shower
- Baby baths for quarantined turtles and creating bird baths
- Garden hose
- Paper towel for the clinic and baby monkeys.